Our standard Interior Painting Projects include the followingProcess:
- Remove pictures, paintings etc. from the walls.
- A good rule of thumb for all interior painting, regardless of the contractor, is for you to take down anything expensive yourself. Painters don’t know if Great Great Grandma gave you that picture or if it was purchased at the flea market.
- Move furniture to the center of the room when practical. i.e. if it’s not too big to be moved. We will move the furniture to the center of the room for you and cover it with plastic or canvas as required.
- Scrape loose and flaking paint.
- Cover windows, doors and fixtures with plastic as required.
- Degrease or clean walls as required with a liquid TSP type cleaner.
- For example, nicotine stains usually cost a little more money to clean and paint over because it takes more time. We’ve painted over a lot of nicotine stains.
- Neutralize and rinse off TSP.
- TSP type cleaner could be compared to the old lye soap. It’s aggressive but used once in a while is not a problem.
- Remove switch plate covers, outlet covers, etc…
- Note: Cable TV, phone, internet, network wall plate covers will not likely be removed to avoid the risk of bumping a loose wire and disabling the system.
- Caulk cracks.
- Cracks a few inches long are not problematic. If you have one running the length of your wall or ceiling then there are some more things you need to know.
- Fill nail holes.
- PLEASE tell us if you want to return your pictures and paintings to the same spot so we don’t fill the holes. Many people want to re-organize after painting and we fill the holes unless told otherwise.
- Spot patch any uneven texture surfaces, dings, dents, etc. to make all walls, ceilings, base boards, crown moldings, etc. even and beautiful.
- Small patches on an interior are not usually a problem. As the size grows from a postage stamp to a deck of cards the rules on what to expect change.
- Prime as required.
- Prime raw wood (base or crown molding), drywall, patches and walls/ceilings as needed.
- Paint with premium grade interior paint. We recommend Dunn Edwards brand but we always listen to what you want.
- Premium interior paint is the way to go. It covers better and runs less. If you want to see a painter frowning, give him cheap interior paint and ask him to make the finished product look nice. After the painting is complete, switch plate covers are put back on. Painting without switch plate covers on is one of the single biggest ways to get a professional look.
- Clean Up and Haul Away Debris
- We do not consider your job finished until we have cleaned up perfectly and made you happy.
- Job inspection and walk around with the client.
- We walk the finished project with you. When we’re finished with the walk around and you’re satisfied we collect the final payment and ask for a completion certificate that you fill out detailing your experience with our company.
- Includes all material and labor for list above.
- Please see “Bid Prices Don’t Change” below. No Hidden fees.
Jobs are bid “buffet style” so clients can pick and choose what they want done and what they can skip to save money. For example a Complete Interior Paint job estimate will include the walls and ceilings; if you want them quoted separately or already know that you don’t want certain items painted; like the ceilings painted for example… just let us know. Doors, closets, trim and molding are other items that could be quoted separately when budget is a high priority. Throughout the estimate process we will ask a lot of questions to make sure we give you an accurate price for the items you want painted as well the items you don’t. This allows you to pick and choose what you want painted without paying for items that are not needed.
Bid Prices Don’t Change!
Once the estimate is provided the price doesn’t change. When you hire Eclipse Remodeling, Inc. to do a job for you, you could write the checks exactly according to the payment schedule on the contract and put them in your desk. At each stage of the job, when a payment is due; the price on the check hasn’t changed! The most common complaint we hear from owners is: “I hate it when I’m quoted a price for a service and then the price starts climbing upwards.” “I don’t like it happening to me and I don’t do this to my clients.” -Udi Zadok/President
All of our crew leaders have been painting with us for many years. For an average single family home, our crew typically consists of the crew leader and one-two painters. For larger homes and jobs with time limitation we combine crews.
We’re One Call Away
A large part of having many satisfied clients is good communication of which happens as a result of us being immediately available to answer your questions or address a specific concern.
As the President and manager, our cell phones are on and we’re always available. If we don’t answer then we’re probably talking to a client or on the phone and we will call you right back.
Beauty is in the EYE of the beholder!
Color is fun no matter which way you look at it!